The established, practiced and constantly improved quality management system of the institute is based on DIN EN ISO 9001: 2008 and applies to the entire Institute for Aerospace systems and all of its employees. In addition, appropriate instructions from the manual DIN EN ISO 9004 have been taken into account. The ILR QM system does not include any requirement of DIN EN ISO 9001: 2008.
The application of the quality management system of the Institute is guided by the following quality management principles:
- Customer Orientation
• Goal-oriented leadership and involvement of employees in a motivating environment of the institute
• process and system-oriented management approach (management and control of activities in research and teaching as processes in a system of mutually interacting processes)
• Continuous performance enhancing
• factual approach to decision making (decisions are based on the analysis of data and information)
• Supplier relationships for mutual benefit (effective and efficient cooperation with the organizational units of the Technical University of Braunschweig and external partners)
The Institute of Aerospace Systems has made organizational and operational requirements. About the organizational relationships between the organizational units human, task, materials and information are regulated; the Institute for Aerospace systems forms and describes its processes in the “process-oriented organization”.
Primarily responsible for the quality management system and for the enforcement of these quality goals is the Director of the Institute. For planning, monitoring and updating of the quality management system, a QM officer has been appointed. Every employee of the Institute for Aerospace systems is required to comply with the applicable rules concerning its activities and actively participate in the improvement of the system.